Are you interested in joining the Charlotte Shapers? We regularly seek out new members in the Charlotte community who can join our team – we would love to hear from you!
To apply, you will need to send us the following to email@example.com:
- Current resume including date of birth and contact information (including phone number and address).
- A brief essay of no more than 500 words expressing why you are applying and what contributions you can make to the community (local and/or global) if selected to be a World Economic Forum Global Shaper in the Charlotte hub.
These are the expectations of future Global Shapers – please be sure you are qualified to apply before sending us your information:
- All Shaper candidates must join his/her local Hub before his/her 30th birthday.
- Shaper candidates may serve a maximum of five years or until their 33rd birthday, whichever comes first.
- Each local Hub must ensure the highest degree of diversity in the composition of its Shapers community, with at least one representative of each stakeholder group (Business, Government or Politics, NGO/International Organization, Academia, Arts & Culture) of global society. The World Economic Forum mandates each Hub to achieve representation of a minimum 30 per cent of each gender.
- To ensure the aforementioned vibrancy and diversity, local Hubs are discouraged from nominating more than two Shapers from any one organization.
- Nominating Process & Selection Process:
- Nominations of Global Shaper candidates will occur through multiple means:
- Shaper / Hub nominations: candidates recommended by other Shapers, Curators, Founding Curators
- Forum nominations: candidates recommended by World Economic Forum Members, Partners, Constituents, Staff, etc.
- Unqualified nominations: third-party- or self-nominations received through the Global Shapers’ website or through local efforts (e.g. open nomination process supported by local media campaign)
- Once candidates are nominated, the Founding Curator or Selection Committees should interview each candidate and verify references and their accomplishments. The format and number of interviews will be left to the discretion of the local Hubs’ Selection Committees.
- Despite the various means by which a candidate will be nominated, all candidates will achieve official Shaper status only after being subjected to the local Hub’s selection process and the Forum’s validation and approval. The World Economic Forum holds Curators accountable for the selection process and for the decision to name any individual as a Shaper.
- The World Economic Forum encourages Curators and Hubs to cooperate with established organizations or institutes in identifying and selecting Shapers, at the discretion of the local Hubs.
To learn more about the Global Shapers Community, please visit: http://www.weforum.org/community/global-shapers
To learn more about the Charlotte Hub, please visit: http://charlotteshapers.org/